Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
charles charles is offline

Default Finding a valid cell in a row

I have a spreadsheet with rows of employees and columns of months in the year
for five years. Each month is actually three columns "Salary", "Hours", "%".
There is only an entry when a salary changes. I need to be at one "%" and
look back down the row to find the previous salary so that the percentage
increase can be calculated. How do I find that previous salary. You can
assume the hours are always less than 40 and the salary greater than 100.
This is an example of the spreadsheet:

1 A B C D E F G H I J
K L
2 Mth1 Mth2 Mth3 Mth4
3 Name Salary Hrs % Salary Hrs % Salary Hrs % Salary Hrs %
4 Aa 500 39 550 39
5 Bb 600 35 695 35

Thanks

Charles