Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O Dave O is offline

Default How do I add cells to a balance sheet which will include new s

Hi, Karen- Sorry for the delayed response.

Have to clarify again: you have a template with 12 rows that add up to
a sum, and when you add new rows the numbers in the new rows are not
included in the sum. Is that correct?

Assuming I have that right, the reason this happens is because you're
adding rows outside the range included in the SUM formula. Say your 12
rows are rows 1 thru 12 and your SUM formula is in row 13. If you
highlight row 13 and insert a row, the row with the formula in it will
drop down a row but it will still only reference rows 1 thru 12, not 1
thru 13.

You can have the SUM formula automatically adjust by inserting the new
rows inside the range of 2 (not 1) thru 12. In the example above if
you highlight row 5 (or any row from 2 - 12) and insert, the SUM
formula will automatically adjust.