Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default How do i get Excel find a sum of #s om different pages/books?

Hi

=SUM(January:December!A10

A small typo in Bob's formula omitted the last bracket, try

=SUM(January:December!A10)
If that doesn't work, do you have your sheets named January, February
etc.?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Birthe" wrote in message
i dont think that works...i tried and it comes up with a mistake....is
there
a possibility you would make an excel file where you have done it so i
can
see??

my email is

thank u

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just use

=SUM(January:December!A10

say for a guy whose money is in A10, and assuming the next is in A11,
copy
down

You don't need to worry about future months, the salary will be
empty?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Birthe" wrote in message
I am using Excel to work out wages, and i have my excel set up so
that i

can
see all months from January to now in different "sheets". What i
would

like
it to be able to do is, that i would like to be able to put an
extra

section
in, so that on each pay check, people will be able to see how much
they

have
earned from the start of the year, till today, how do i make it
work that

out
automatically without having to tell it to work out the sum of I22

January,
february, march, april, may, june, july, august, and september, and
then

next
month having to tell it all tha again plus one month.

If you dont understand let me know and i can try to send u a copy
of what

im
talking about and you can play around with it a little...