Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Link to worksheet whose name is stored in another cell

Maybe this would be better.

=INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!B2")

If the name needed those surrounding apostrophes (maybe spaces in the name),
then this will work. And if the apostrophes aren't required, they don't hurt.

Gary''s Student wrote:

Su

lets say in Sheet1 cell A1 contains Sheet2 or any other sheet name, then

=INDIRECT(A1 & "!B2") will return the value in Cell B2 in that sheet.
--
Gary''s Student

"Martin" wrote:

I want to reference a cell in another worksheet. The name of the worksheet
however changes each month and is stored in another cell.

Can I link to a cell in the second worksheet by referencing the name stored
in a cell in the first one?

Any help is much appreciated!
Martin

--