Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John John is offline

Default Countif

There is a beautiful template for this in Execel Templates from Microsoft
Templates Business and Legal Meetings and Projects Agendas and Minutes

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT061995981033
- This doesn't need much editing to disply what you are asking.

Hope this helps

"Andrewllan" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I want to count the number of sick days for
individuals.
So I have the name of the person in a column and the date for the year in a
row
Name/Date 1/1 ......10/02.......20/08......30/08....12/09
An Other S s
P Peter S
I want to count the number of "S" for each person
so on seperate tab I want
Name Number of Sick Days
AN Other 2
P Peter 1