Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
denise denise is offline

Default Convert Text to Numbers in a Macro

Hi! I have a data dump I am running several macros on. One macro I would
love to run is to convert a column of text numbers to numerical.

Excel does recognize them - I get the little green tirangle. But anyone who
uses Excel XP or 2003 (which I do) knows that formatting does NOT work.
Conversion must be done using that Smart Tag option.

However, the smart tag action does not get recorded in a macro. Microsoft
gave us a wonderful new feature and then didn't let us record it and make
life alittle easier.

So, if anyone can help me find a way to get this action recorded into the
macro, I would be forever grateful and even have monks pray for you.