Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HBuck HBuck is offline

Default Function to skil blank cells/lookup specific value

Good morning,

I am working on a formula that is giving me more trouble than I can
imagine and I would appreciate someone's help.

I have a spreadsheet that has information similar to this:

A B C D E
No. Question Y N N/A Recommendation
1 1.1 What is it? x
2 2.1 Who is it? x Figure out
who it is.
3 3.1 Where is it? x
4 4.1 When is it? x Figure out
when it is.

What I need is a function that will search each row and when it
encounters an 'X' in column D, I want to print the following fields on
a separate sheet: A, B, and F.

The Report would look like this:

A B C
No. Question Recommendation
1 2.1 Who is it? Figure out who it is.
2 4.1 When is it? Figure out when it is.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have found other respondes on the
boards about doing a LOOKUP on rows and returning certain values, but I
haven't found anything that helps me with the above problem.

Any help would be appreciated!
~H