Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default how do i enter the formula?

Well is the ratio on a scale or absolute basis?

If it's on an absolute basis--the ratio of sales to commissions doesn't
change, regardless of sales level--then calculate the ration of $1million to
$2000 and multiply sales by that ratio to obtain the commission.

A1=$1 million
A2=$2000
A3=$2000/$1million--your ratio
A4=another sales amount
A5=A3*A4

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"processing volume/commission formula" wrote:

I am making residuals/commission sheet in excel... and the way it works is
that if the total processing volume is 1M... they will receive $2000
commission. So if lets say the processing volume for the month of june is
100,134.80, how much commission will they receive? How do I enter that as a
formula?