Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
maryj maryj is offline

Default values not appearing in autofilter list

Client is using Excel 03/WinXP. She received a data dump from another
application. She has autofilter turned on but some values do not appear. The
list is continuous. When using the custom autofilter, the values are found.
We can use the Find feature to find the values. Also, if that data is sorted
by that column, the values then do show up in the autofilter list. The values
she is looking for start with the word "inventory". Other values that begin
with the letter "i" do appear. We checked for spaces at the beginning of the
text - none. We even pasted the data onto a new sheet and pasted as values
and same thing. We are totally baffled. Any ideas?
--
maryj