Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default SUM() and OFFSET() CAUSES #VALUE

Quite alright - thanks for posting back to confirm that it worked for you - I
was wondering about it. I admit I'm also little curious as to why Offset
behaved that way. I would have thought it would have given some result
(maybe not the one you wanted - but something other than an error).

" wrote:

JMB,

Many thanks. It works, as of course you knew!

I'm still curious as to why my original approach suudenly doesn't work.

Building it up is fine up to a point and then #value.

Must be something deeper.

Apologies for getting back to you so slowly.

Cheers,

Clive