Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default Lottery check

"Ron" wrote:
We buy 35 tickets twice a week and always the same numbers. Can I make a
spreadsheet that will check our tickets against the winning numbers?

One way to set it up ..

Assuming the winning numbers will be entered in A1:F1 in Sheet1,
for example: 1, 15, 25, 38, 48, 49
(The numbers within A1:F1 need not be sorted, can be in any order)

And the picked #s are listed in Sheet2, in cols B to G, row1 down
4 15 20 28 35 49
1 15 25 38 47 48
6 15 25 38 41 49
etc

(as before, the numbers within each row need not be sorted)

Put in say, I1:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1:G1,Sheet1!$A$1:$F$1,0)))
Copy I1 down.

Col I will return the desired # of matched numbers
For the sample data, you'll get in I1:I3 : 2, 5, 4
--
Max
Singapore