Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default Need formula: too complexe for me..

Roger, " in cell F2 =C2-D2" should that be B2*C2-D2
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Roger Govier" wrote in message ...
Hi George

I set up a table starting in A1 as follows
Note Value Takings Retain Value Retain No. Bank Value Bank No.
Dollars 1 55 55 55 0 0
Fives 5 45 145 29 80 16
Tens 10 33 0 0 330 33
Twenties 20 50 0 0 1000 50
Fifties 50 15 0 0 750 15
Hundreds 100 3 0 0 300 3
2660 200 84 2460 117

In cell D2
=MIN((200-SUM($D$1:D1)),(C2*B2))
in cell E2
=D2/B2
in cell F2
=C2-D2
in cell G2
=F2/B2
Copy D2:G2 to D3:D7

In cell D8
=SUMPRODUCT((B2:B7)*(C2:C7))
and straight SUM(E2:E7) etc. for the remainder of cells in row 8

Enter number of notes taken in cells C2:C7 and the table shows how many of each note to retain (and values) and how many of each note to bank.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"George" wrote in message .. .
Hi;
I am working in a company that we use cash balancing sheet at the end of the
day
in theory there is 200$ at morning, at the end of the day deposit all the
balance - 200$ for the nex day.
rules are to take out the biggest cash bills in first.
I have saved files in http://www.savefile/files/58143
thank you
George..