Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Why won't advanced filter return filter results?

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that was the problem, and
good luck with your project.

jaws4518 wrote:
That's it! I have spent hours on this. It just wasn't appearant that there
was a extra space.

Thank you Debra! I went to your web site before your first response. I will
project that will require me to use Excel, Access, & VBA for data analysis.
I'm sure I will talk to you in the near future.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Did you use exactly the same heading in the criteria range as in the
Store# column? Maybe one has a space and the other doesn't.
That could prevent the filter from working as expected.

jaws4518 wrote:

The criteria is just a single argument in the first column of the criteria
range. It is the a number formated as text. It is the "Store#" column. I have
never seen this before. I cannot say that I have ever specified criteria in
column 'A', which is the store number column in this case.

Anyway, it is not filtering based on the any on the following methods.

16
="=16"
*6

If I remove the criteria it returns all rows in the data list like it is
suppose too. If I go over and enter criteria in the invoice# column, it
returns all rows with that invoice number like it suppose too. Is there some
kind of first column rule that I'm not aware of?

I really think this has something to do with the data in this column being
formated to text. I converted it back to a number but that did not do
anything either.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

What criteria are you using?
What is an example of the data you expect to be returned with that criteria?

jaws4518 wrote:

I use advance filter a lot. For some reason, I cannot get it to return rows
based on criteria for column A, which is a number formatted to text. If I
choose to filter the invoice number three columns over it returns the
filtered rows just fine.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures