Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Limit to number of named ranges before Excel starts messing thingsup?

Maybe you have a workbook level name and multiple worksheet level names that all
share the same name.

Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

It'll make it much easier to verify your names.

S Davis wrote:

Is there a limit to the number of named ranges? I am running into
errors now with my large (large) workbook here, which contains a ton of
named ranges just to make things easier for me.

For instance, a simple formula such as this:

=COUNTA(RBCJobTitle06)-COUNTIF(RBCJobTitle06,"")

... which returns "5" on the sheet in which the named range resides in,
returns 17 on another worksheet, and a #REF! error on still another
worksheet.

Is my workbook messed up?

--

Dave Peterson