Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
S Davis S Davis is offline

Default Limit to number of named ranges before Excel starts messing things up?

Is there a limit to the number of named ranges? I am running into
errors now with my large (large) workbook here, which contains a ton of
named ranges just to make things easier for me.

For instance, a simple formula such as this:

=COUNTA(RBCJobTitle06)-COUNTIF(RBCJobTitle06,"")

.... which returns "5" on the sheet in which the named range resides in,
returns 17 on another worksheet, and a #REF! error on still another
worksheet.

Is my workbook messed up?