Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nick nick is offline

Default Cell reference in a range

Biff, I think I misunderstood your point when I responded. Yes, 17424 would
be the RELATIVE row reference. That is, the row number where the last data
element is found which is actually four rows more than the number of data
elements.
--
Thanks,
Nick

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

17424 is calculated in another cell ($L$3) using the MATCH function.

Is that the ACTUAL row reference or is that a RELATIVE row reference. MATCH
returns a RELATIVE value unless you adjust for the offset.

Biff

"Nick" wrote in message
I have a Conditional Sum that is used extensively through multipe sheets to
slice and dice a fair amount of raw data. The ending row (17424) changes
each
month. The references to row 17424 is calculated in another cell ($L$3)
using the MATCH function. I would like to substitute the referenced cell
($L$3) for the fixed row number in all formulas using find/replace.

My formulas look like;
=SUM(IF('CDR Data'!$B$4:$B$17424=$M39,IF('CDR
Data'!$O$4:$O$17424=$M$36,'CDR
Data'!E$4:E$17424,0),0))

I used to just extend the range to an extreme (20000) but this now creates
an #N/A in some new formulas that I am using.

Can you show me what the replacement formula should look like using the
$L$3
reference?
--
Thanks,