Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Customized Toolbars

There could be more than one *.xlb file.

Are you sure you are deleting the correct one?

Is your computer stand-alone or are you on a network?

Do you have permission to save files where the *.xlb file resides?

If your customizations were being saved before the patches were installed then
could be the patches were the trigger for current behaviour.

I had xl2002 with all updates installed previously and never had a problem with
any updates so can't speak to that.

Gord

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 06:56:02 -0700, Ann wrote:

Gord,

I've tried deleting the .xlb file on the PC and letting it recreate, I've
tried a repair, and a complete reinstall.

I just can't figure out what could be causing this.

Thanks for your help.

Ann

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ann

And those "couple of fixes" were?

No point in dragging out the usual fixes if you have tried them already.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:39:02 -0700, Ann wrote:

Working on Excel 2002, SP3. Previously I was able to customize the toolbar.
As of recently, when I make a change to a toolbar, then exit Excel and get
back in, the change doesn't stick. The only thing I can tie it back to is
possibly the latest patches being installed.

I am able to change Word toolbars fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? I've tried a couple
of fixes I've seen in the forum but so far nothing has worked.

Thanks in advance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP