Ringmaster Ringmaster is offline
Junior Member

Default Auto-fill, to inventory 45 RPM records

I am setting up my numbers column as follows:

45-0001-A
45-0001-B
45-0002-A
45-0002-B

Is there any way I can "auto fill" a column, with the same number twice, and add "-A" for record side A information, (Title column; Artist column; Genre column, etc.)then add "-B" for the record side B information.

I was thinking of making two "worksheets", one worksheet with the "Number Column", starting with "45-0001-A"; and another worksheet with the "Number Column" starting with "45-0001-B", but I don't know how to auto fill by only increasing by the last "digit character", and let the "alpha character" remain the same on each worksheet.

After I did this, I would highlight and "copy" (or "Select All") of worksheet No. 2 (-B), go to line "9999" on worksheet No. 1 (-A), and "paste", then sort Column A, "A-Z", and "Save".

My mind goes blank at this point (seems like this should work). If not, does anyone have any suggestions.