Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default i want to put my date in with no / exp: 02021951

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:47:33 -0400, "PCLIVE" wrote:

Sorry about that. I misread the post. If the date was currently showing
with slashes "/", then you could reformat it as I suggested. It does not
apply if you just want to type the numbers without slashes. However, you
could use a customer format of"

00000000

That should keep the typed number unchanged and force preceeding zeros to be
maintained.

HTH,
Paul

Yes, but Excel will not interpret that value as a date.

To allow both the entry method, and the date interpretation, the initial
recommendation to consult Chip's web site is probably the most relevant.

In general, you need a VBA event macro, or a helper column with the appropriate
formula, to convert the OP's desired data entry method into an Excel recognized
date.

--ron