Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SCarleton SCarleton is offline

Default can you nest sumif functions ?

I am trying to nest sumif function with no luck.
I have a table of data with several columns.
I need to look at the month column first and see if it's "January", then
look at the "name" column to see if a specific person performed the
procedures in that month, then finally add the number of procedures this
person performed in January.
I want to have a Data sheet that contains all this information, then without
using pivot tables set up a permanent spreadsheet that puts names of people
as rows and months as column headers, then the number of procedures as the
data.
Can anybody help ?