Gordon

jtinne wrote:
I'm trying to find where a specific item number is located within the range
of sheets. The name of the sheet is the location I need to know. In another
cell I want be able to look up that specific item number and return the
contents of a specific cell in the sheet that the item number is found in.

"Gordon" wrote:

jtinne wrote:

I need a couple formulas to search a range of sheets on my workbook.

The first one needs to be able to seach through a range of sheets (exp.
sheet 20 to sheet 27) and find my value then I want it to display the name of
the sheet it is on.

For that you need a VB Script.

Second is to seach a range of sheets then display a value of a specific cell
on that sheet it is found on.

Thank you for the help!

VLOOKUP doesn't "search" in the way that "Find" searches. It looks up
data in a table that meet certain criteria. In other words it returns a
value of a cell where that cell POSITION matches criteria that you have set.

What EXACTLY are you trying to achieve with this?

Well in that case VLOOKUP will not do what you want. I think you need to
investigate VB Scripts to do this

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk