Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default Autosum and Manual Sum not working

the cells may be formatted as currency, but the data may still be text.
If the data comes from an outside database, this is real possible.
try putting 1 in an empty cell, copying it, Select G7:G135 and paste special
multiply
to try to convert to numbers.

you could also in an empty cell try =isnumber(G7) to see if they are numbers
or text.

"Gaileen" wrote:

I want to simply add several rows in a column - all containing currency
formatted cells. No matter what I do the total always appears as "0.00". My
formula seems pretty straightforward: =SUM(G7:G135). I've researched this
for the past 2 hrs. and even had our IT people involved, but no seems to be
able to help. I have a fairly large spreadsheet and don't want to have to
revert to my calculator. Anyone?