Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Trend Function

Look at teh FORECAST function and see if it suits your needs.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Grant" wrote:

I have some merchandise that I am trying to determine what the sales trend
is going to be for the next three months. I want this based off of the 24
months worth of sales I have. My sheet has sales for the last 24 months,
month by month.

Month Sales
1 3
2 4
3 5
4 6
5 7
6 8
7 8
8 7
9 6
10 5
11 4
12 3
13 3
14 4
15 5
16 6
17 7
18 8
19 8
20 7
21 6
22 5
23 4
24 3

25
26
27

I am trying to use the TREND function. For example if my sales were this I
would expect the result for month 25 to be 3, if month 1 & 13 represented
January. The result I get is 5.5 which is nothing more than the average of
all 24 months.

T.I.A.