Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default How do I get rid of old links in a spreadsheet?

Take a look at this link and download Bill Manville's FindLinks addin...

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"JeremyInNC" wrote:

It's bugging the bejeezus ou of my users (especially the folks opening it via
trans-oceanic links). There are tons of pop up messages saying Unable to open
http://blahblah.bla.com/Documents/Stuff.xls. The internet site reports that
the item you requested could not be found. (HTTP/1.0 404).

Now obviously it's trying to pull up links that no longer exist. How can I
either
1(Prefered) remove dead links or
2(Not so good) make it stop popping up with these errors?

These are very large spreadsheets.