Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
C.B. C.B. is offline

Default Looking for pivot table functionality that shows detail instead of count

Thanks both for the replys. Using the tricks described here ("sum" on
the date and a vlookup table for names), I am generating the first
table with only a little extra work to maintain a lookup table. I think
I now have nice techniques for loading the details into the data cells
of a pivot table when there is only one value per cell.

The second table still has me stumped. I may be heading down the wrong
path for this one using pivot tables because the table may list
multiple names in any cell. Bad example I made, but look on 9/13..
there are two children getting taught. My current pivot table shows me
the number/count of names (I have as many as 4 in a single cell with my
real data) and I can click on the number to see the details, but with
just the count in the cells I am not able to print and distribute
hardcopies for scheduling.

If anyone has any other tricks I can attempt for my second table, it is
appreciated. I have already greatly impressed my boss with this first
set you folks supplied, so thanks again