Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Why cant I click an excel file to open it w/o opening excel 1st?

Hi Dallas

Try this

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dallas" wrote in message ...
I am using Office 2003, and Windows XP Professional. I used to be able to
double click an Excel file to open it. Now, I have to go to Excel, open it
first, then search and click the file I want. I think this started after
some Office updates. Help, anyone?