Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eleanor M Eleanor M is offline

Default Auto refresh pivot table

I noticed your informative response and would appreciate your response on a
little problem I have with the Excel worksheet all of a sudden. When I
select refresh pivot table after I made changes to the data worksheet, the
pivot table goes blank it only shows the first column with the dates. This
has worked thousands of time before but not today.

Please advise.

Best Regards,
EMoorhead
--

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Even if you could, I'm not sure that's a good idea.

I figure that MS made refreshing the pivottables a manual effort to keep the
time between worksheet changes at a minimum.

Imagine lots of pivottables and each one trying to recalculate each time you
change a value in the pivottable range.

But maybe you could refresh it when you select the worksheet that contains the
pivottable (is it on a different worksheet???)

rightclick on the worksheet tab (with the pivottable) and click on select code.
Then paste this in:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

Dim myPT As PivotTable

For Each myPT In Me.PivotTables
myPT.RefreshTable
Next myPT

End Sub

If you have lots of pivottables in different sheets, you can get them all with a
line like:

ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll

Tom Nichol wrote:

I am using Excel 2000.
I have a pivot table that summarizes data from a database on a separate sheet.
When I delete rows from the database sheet, I must click the refresh button
on the Pivot Table before it will recognize those deletions.
Is there a way to have the pivot table automatically refresh the instant the
rows are deleted?

--

Dave Peterson