Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Can I change the default for custom filters?

You can't change it the wintel version.

But you can fool it.

Say you want to check to see if the value contains cbry.

Use Equals and
*cbry*
surround your value with asterisks to get the equivalent of Contains

Leading asterisk (*cbry) is the same as ends with
trailing asterisk (cbry*) is the same as begins with

Why, oh, why isn't that dropdown box just a hair bigger!

cbry wrote:

"Custom filte" always begins with "Show rows where <field name EQUALS ..."
I almost always use CONTAINS. Can I change the default so that it'll
automatically display CONTAINS as the starting criterion? If so, how? I'm in
Mac OS 10.4.7. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson