Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NickCory NickCory is offline

Default Variable range addresses for use in array functions

Hi,

I want to perform operations on address ranges, such as
MAXA(Value1:Value2), in which the range addresses themselves are
variables, the results of other operations.

There is no problem returning the range addresses using functions such
as CELL or ADDRESS(...) but the returned values don't seem to want to
plug into the next function.

For example, I use the formula
=ADDRESS(VLOOKUP(Pos_MinRear;Synopsis!$D$103:$G$10 8;4);3;;;"Synopsis!")

to return the string

'Synopsis!'$C$103

and a similar formula to return

'Synopsis!'$C$105

from which range I want to then find

MAXA('Synopsis!'$C$103:'Synopsis!'$C$105)

I'm sure there is a simple solution I have overlooked. Who can give me
a leg up with this?

regards
NC