Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Allllen Allllen is offline

Default replacing with a tick

If you start with column A with something like this in it:

TRUE
FALSE
FALSE
TRUE
FALSE

Then do this:
1 replace "TRUE" with ü (you can copy that character out of here)
2 replace "FALSE" with û (ditto)
3 select column A and change the font to Wingdings
--
Allllen

"Boots" wrote:

Hi, I have exported data fom access, in which some of the field contain
checkboxes. These appear as true and false in excel. Rather than manually
changing them indivdually to ticks and crosses, from the symbol menu, how can
I use the find and replace function to do this. I can't get the find and
replace function to recognise a "tick" as it just comes out as "P".