Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ATang ATang is offline

Default Macro doesn't insert image when spreadsheet is protected

Hello, my name is ATang. I have put in the below codes in an excel file in
order to allow the users to select a company name in a particular cell, then
the respective logo will automatically pop up in another cell. It works well
when the spreadsheet is NOT protected. If the spreadsheet is protected, the
logo stays the same and the logic doesn't work even I change the company
name. Have tried to unlock this cell which contains the logo, protect the
worksheet and change the company name again, the correct logo still doesn't
pop up. Is there a way to make this macro work by protecting the worksheet
at the same time? Appreciate your advice. Below captures the code details:

If Target.Address = "$G$6" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
HandleBMP
Application.EnableEvents = True

Sub HandleBMP()
Dim myCell As Range
Set myCell = Selection

On Error Resume Next

If Range("G6").Value = "Vendor" Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("B1 Picture").Delete
ActiveSheet.Shapes("A1 Picture").Delete
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( _
"P:\Merchandising\GSL Logo Picture.bmp").Select
Selection.Name = "A1 Picture"
Else

ActiveSheet.Shapes("A1 Picture").Delete
End If

If Range("G6").Value = "Customer" Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes("B1 Picture").Delete
ActiveSheet.Shapes("A1 Picture").Delete
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( _
"P:\Merchandising\Solito Logo Picture.bmp").Select
Selection.Name = "B1 Picture"
Else

ActiveSheet.Shapes("B1 Picture").Delete
End If