Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John John is offline

Default scrolling numbers in auto filter?

Debra,
There are approxiamately 800-1000 iterations that I have to scroll through.
Is there any other way to make it quicker to get through, or to make my last
selection stay?

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If the column is filtered for a number, it should have that number
selected if you reopen the filter dropdown list.
However, unlike text, the numbers don't autocomplete. You can use the
arrow keys or mouse to select them.

John wrote:
I am using auto filter on a spreadsheet with approximately 5700 part numbers
that are broken down into three columns (Prefix, Base, Suffix). The base of
the part numbers range from 00009 to 54264A50, with many different variations
in there. Normally with text you can just type "A" and it goes directly to
the first item with that character and holds that position when you go back
into the autofilter for the next item. With numbers that do not include
text, it does not allow me to do this. Am I doing something wrong, or is it
just not possible?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures