Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Text format & number format

On 10 Sep 2006 18:13:11 -0700, "Slashman" wrote:

Hi,

I have a cell that is formatted with a macro to change the number 10 to
+10.0000

I would also like to add a text letter of g to this same cell so it
reads +10.0000g

When I try and use the & function in the formula it just gives me 100g
and removes the + formatting and the trailing DP zeroes.

Is there a way of combining these?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.

Cannot be more specific since you chose not to post the macro you are using.
However, in general, you can accomplish what you want by adding a \g to the
format string (after the decimal zeros) within the macro.

In other words, if the format string in the macro is something like:

"+0.0000_)", you could change it to "+0.0000\g_)"

--ron