Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vince Vince is offline

Default Highlighting cell / lookup

Max wrote:
.. all the data is within the same spreadsheet

Data Filter Autofilter
seems the natural* fit here to achieve what you're after

*Also the easiest, as the autofilter dropdowns on the 4 key cols
will give your users the unique selections in the dropdowns

The ultimate filtered row(s) satisfying all 4 key col selections
will be the result line(s).

Sorry Max, that didn't work (was my first choice as well..) The data is
in 2 drop down lists -the combination of these 2 cells need to then
look up and return or highlight a value in a table. I have tried a IF
statement but I am not that advanced I'm afraid...

Thanks