Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
kris kris is offline

Default Match duplicate data in 2 columns in a worksheet

Nobody, I entered in the below formula and nothing happened. Let me be more
specific with what I need:

First, I copy and paste my document into EXCEL and sort in alpha order by
the tenants name. Then I have to go down column 1 that are the payments
received and cross-reference with column 2, which are the charges and have
the matched data highlighted, so I can eliminate it to get to the bottom
number.

EXAMPLE:

Tenant Name Column1 Column2
TBELL 50.00
TBELL 50.00

I would like the system to highlight the 2 - 50.00 entries. Would I need to
do this as a conditional format or some other function? I really appreciate
your help!
"Nobody" wrote:

High light your range. Assuming your range from A2:B100

Conditional Formatting, Select Formula IS

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$100=$A2),--($B$2:$B$5=$B2))1

Select Format Font, Color Blue, then click OK

---------------
mama no teeth

"Kris" wrote:

I am working in 1 worksheet and have data in 2 columns and I would like to
search for duplicates and have the matches highlight automatically.

Below is an example:

Tenant Debit Credit
ABC $500
ABC $500

Then the 2 duplicate entries would be highlighted in blue.

I am somewhat of a beginner at the function entries, so please explain the
steps in detail.