Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Match duplicate data in 2 columns in a worksheet

Which 2 columns?

Your example shows 3 columns!

Do you want to highlight just the two $500 entries?

Go to the original link:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm

Scroll down and click on:
"Duplicate Entries, Highlighting"

Then, simply follow the directions.

Just because Chip used an example range name of "range1", *doesn't* mean
that the range *must* be a *single* column.

Select your 2 columns, revise the formula to insert your top left cell of
your 2 column range, and follow directions.
--
HTH,

RD

"Kris" wrote in message
I reviewed the section regarding duplicates; however,it only explains

finding
duplicates in a single column. I need to match duplicates in 2 columns.

How
do I do this??

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Check out this web site of Chip Pearson.

Scroll down to the D's, and see all the articles on dealing with

duplicates.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Kris" wrote in message
I am working in 1 worksheet and have data in 2 columns and I would

like to
search for duplicates and have the matches highlight automatically.

Below is an example:

Tenant Debit Credit
ABC $500
ABC $500

Then the 2 duplicate entries would be highlighted in blue.

I am somewhat of a beginner at the function entries, so please explain

the
steps in detail.