Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nobody Nobody is offline

Default Match duplicate data in 2 columns in a worksheet

High light your range. Assuming your range from A2:B100

Conditional Formatting, Select Formula IS

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$100=$A2),--($B$2:$B$5=$B2))1

Select Format Font, Color Blue, then click OK

---------------
mama no teeth

"Kris" wrote:

I am working in 1 worksheet and have data in 2 columns and I would like to
search for duplicates and have the matches highlight automatically.

Below is an example:

Tenant Debit Credit
ABC $500
ABC $500

Then the 2 duplicate entries would be highlighted in blue.

I am somewhat of a beginner at the function entries, so please explain the
steps in detail.