Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Database Formula

Hi Ross

Put the formulae in at the outset.
Pass the database over to somebody else.
There is no need to go back in and alter the formula.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ross" wrote in message
Hi Roger,

Thanks for quick feedback. If possible, I need a formula in f6 that
will
accomplish everything, so that I don't have to go back in and adjust
the
formula in f7, as someone else will have charge of the database at
that
point. A nested formula, or an array maybe?? As I said before, I'm
pretty
clueless when it gets past the basics.

Is this at all a possibility?

Thanks
--
smither fan

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Ross

In F6
=C3+D6-E6
in F7
=IF(COUNT(D7:E7)<2,"",F6+D7-E7)
Copy this second formula down as far as you wish
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ross" wrote in message
Hi

I am setting up a database. The row/cell (f6) below the header
will
contain
the first formula, and needs to add the value from c3 to d6 and
subtract e6.
Simple enough, but succeeding rows (ex: f7) will need to reference
the
cell
above(ex: f6) and then add d7 and subtract e7). I would like to
enter
single formula that will accomplish all of this into f6, rather
than
change
the formula after someone begins entering data. I have no clue.
Can
anyone
out there help me??

Thanks much,