Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ross Ross is offline

Default Database Formula

Hi Roger,

Thanks for quick feedback. If possible, I need a formula in f6 that will
accomplish everything, so that I don't have to go back in and adjust the
formula in f7, as someone else will have charge of the database at that
point. A nested formula, or an array maybe?? As I said before, I'm pretty
clueless when it gets past the basics.

Is this at all a possibility?

Thanks
--
smither fan

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Ross

In F6
=C3+D6-E6
in F7
=IF(COUNT(D7:E7)<2,"",F6+D7-E7)
Copy this second formula down as far as you wish
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ross" wrote in message
Hi

I am setting up a database. The row/cell (f6) below the header will
contain
the first formula, and needs to add the value from c3 to d6 and
subtract e6.
Simple enough, but succeeding rows (ex: f7) will need to reference the
cell
above(ex: f6) and then add d7 and subtract e7). I would like to enter
single formula that will accomplish all of this into f6, rather than
change
the formula after someone begins entering data. I have no clue. Can
anyone
out there help me??

Thanks much,

smither fan