Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I code authorship into a footer?

Thanks for the info Steve.

Not something I would have ever come up with.

Gord

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 16:32:35 -0700, "Steve Yandl"
wrote:

Gord,

Something like:

Sub UserInitials()
Dim strInitials As String

arrFullName = Split(Application.UserName)
For N = 0 To UBound(arrFullName)
strInitials = strInitials & Left(arrFullName(N), 1)
Next N

MsgBox strInitials

End Sub

could be integrated with your code to return initials whether looking at the
author or the current user. I just assumed the OP wanted the current user
even though they did use the term author as well. I looked at an expanded
version of what I have above but in my case, it returns SY because I set up
my system using just first and last name but when asked for initials I
generally include my middle initial, SJY. The Word object can quickly
produce the user's initials as they prefer them although I suspect it isn't
the most efficient way to do things from Excel.

Steve

.. .
Edit out the properties you don't want included.

I don't know how to get the author's initials without some more work

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP