Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default F9 function key

Epinn,

Don't merge cells, it is more trouble than it is worth.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Epinn" wrote in message
I basically understand the idea of "undo." But when I play with F9, my
frame of reference is similar to merging two cells one day and then
splitting them the next.

Okay Bob, another sign of "information overload" and I shall stay away from
Excel for a few days.

Can I really?

Epinn

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Epinn

I'm afraid that once you have saved the file, then you can't "Undo" the
operation, either with Control + Z or with the Undo key on the Toolbar.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Epinn" wrote in message
I am not talking about reversing right after. I am thinking of entering
a bunch of formulas somewhere else and then coming back to this cell
manipulated with F9, then reverse it. Also, after I press F9+enter,
then save the worksheet, close it, reopen it and click on the formula
(with value created by F9), how do I reverse it?

Epinn

"Max" wrote in message
"Epinn" wrote:
.. is a shortcut key to reverse F9+enter.

How about CTRL+Z ?
--
Max
Singapore