Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default F9 function key

Hi,

Today I am learning F9. From Help:-

"F9 followed by ENTER (or followed by CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER for array formulas) calculates the selected portion of a formula and replaces the selected portion with the calculated value."

This is great. If formula auditing fails me, I can use F9. I find that if I highlight part of a formula and press F9 **without** pressing enter, it still works. My question is this:-

After the partial formula has been replaced by a value, how do I reverse back to the original formula with arguments? What shortcut key do I use? Do I have to copy the formula first and then do F9 plus enter?

While doing research on F9, I learned the basic rule for compiling *complex* worksheets.

"......reorganize your worksheets so that the primary calculations are placed near the top of the worksheet and as far left as possible, and the calculations that are based on those primary calculations are placed later in the worksheet."

For more details, see this link:- http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...culation..html

Please feel free to comment and I really like to know if there is a shortcut key to reverse F9+enter.

Thanks.

Epinn