Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default cell formular

A cell can contain a formula or a value--not both.

There are ways around it, but they'd be pretty convoluted.

Why not just use two cells--one with the formula, one with a manual override.

Then use a 3rd cell that decides on which of these two to use.

Glenn wrote:

I have setup a formular for a cell A24. This cell have the formular of
vlookup(c15,d25:e25,2). This returns the correct results in A24. My problem
is this:

I woulld like to be able to change the results in A24. Let say the resulet
in A24 is $500.00. I change A24 to $775. When I do this I loose the
originial vllok formulatr in A24. I have protected the sheet but then it
will not let me change the results in A24. Is there anyway to lock the
formular but change the results of A24 manually?

--

Dave Peterson