Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
glenn glenn is offline

Default Cell formular

OK LET ME SEE:
B1 HAS PULLED FROM OTHER CELL VIA VLOOKUP. B1 FORMULAR IS
=VLOOKUP(C1,Z1:Z25,2) THE RESULTS ARE IN B1. THE RESULTS IN B1 IS LET'S SAY
400. IF I WANT TO MANUALLY CHANGE THE RESULTS IN B1 TO SAY 600...WHEN I DO
THIS THE FORMULAR IN B1 IS ERASED. WHEN I PROTECT THE WORKSHEET IT WILL NOT
LET ME CHANGE ANYTHING IN B1. i NEED TO BE ABLE TO MANUALLY CHANGE B1 AND
NOT LOOSE THE VLOOK FORMULAR IN THAT CELL....I HOPE THIS MADE SINCE.

"Nick B" wrote:

Can you give us a little more information?
If you have a vlookup in cell B1 and the first part of the vlookup formula
is looking at A1. If you click on A1 and go to Format-Cells-Protection tab
and uncheck locked. Then go to Tools-Protection-Protect Sheet, you will be
able to change A1. If you change A1, the result in B1 will change as well (if
the result of the vlookup formula is supposed to change).

"Glenn" wrote:

I have set up a cell to pull infromation via vlookup. It work fine. My
problem is i want to be aboe to change the results of that cell without
loosing the formular for that cell. When i porotect the worksheet it will
not let me do anything with that cell.