Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
SteveW SteveW is offline

Default Help with referencing please

Provide them with a BIG button, with a macro behind it that does what you
want

Steve

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:41:01 +0100, Matt
wrote:

OK, i've tinkered around with it, and i think i have a solution. I have
arranged all of the room numbers on a second sheet in column A and then
used
formulas in column B to pull the wakeup calls from my original sheet. I
have
used "IF" formulas in column A so that the room numbers only display if a
wakeup call is present. One more thing I would like to know now, is can
set my new sheet to automatically sort by wakeup time? To be honest, i
am
trying to make it a simple as possible for the staff. If I tell them
that
thay have to highlight columns B then A and click on "Sort Ascending" i'm
sure I will only confuse them.

Cheers
Matt

"Matt" wrote:

I'll try and explain exactly how my spreadsheet is laid out and what i'm
trying to achieve.

The sheet is designed to log newspapers and wakeup calls that are
ordered by
guests in a hotel. I have the newspaper side of things working as
intended,
but the wakeup calls are giving me a headache.

It is laid out like this:-

Worksheet 1.

Columns A, B and C allocated to the ground floor.

Column A = Room numbers
Column B = requested Newspaper
Column C = Wakeup call

Columns D, E and F allocated to the first floor.

Column D = Room numbers
Column E = requested Newspaper
Column F = Wakeup call

Columns G, H and I allocated to the Second floor.

Column G = Room numbers
Column H = requested Newspaper
Column I = Wakeup call

Columns J, K and L allocated to the Third floor.

Column J = Room numbers
Column K = requested Newspaper
Column L = Wakeup call

Columns M, N and O allocated to the Fourth floor.

Column M = Room numbers
Column N = requested Newspaper
Column O = Wakeup call

Worksheet 2.

Column A has a list of times ranging from 4:00am to 11:00am at 5 minute
intervals. For example:-

4:00
4:05
4:10
4:15
etc. etc.

I what like the worksheet 2 to scan the wakeup call collumns in
worksheet 1
(columns C, F, I, L and O) and return the room number next to the
desired
times.

Hopefully, if possible, worksheet 2 would look something like this

TIME ROOM NUMBERS
6:00 79 170 176
6:05 75 171 189 190
6:10