Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CatatonicBug CatatonicBug is offline

Default Looking up the most recent date

Perfect!! Exactly what I needed! This is a lot easier than the Pivot Table
idea too!

Thanks!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=MAX(IF(B2:B100="C4127X",D2:D100)

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CatatonicBug" wrote in message
I have a Database in which I keep track of all the toner for my company. I
list each box as it arrives with a number, and record it (1,2,3...345,346,
etc.). When it arrives, I record the date in one column, when I install it

in
a machine, I record that date in the next column, and when I replace it

with
a new one, I record that date in the next column. It looks something like
this:

A B C D E
F G
1 Ref # Toner Arrived Installed Machine# Replaced
Toner Life
2 1 C4127X 1/26/05 2/17/05 10185268 3/14/05
25

I have 62 different machines, and 50 types of toner and other supplies. I
maintain a fairly good JIT ordering system for this stuff, but i want to

make
it one step better.
What I want to be able to do is display on a list of all the different
machines (several machines use the same type of toner) the most recent

date
of installation for each machine, then use that number to determine how

many
days are left on that installation, based on the average number of days in
the "Toner Life" column. I have already figured the average, but I need to

be
able to pull out the date of the most recent installation for each

machine,
and plug that into a formula. How do I retrieve that info for each

machine?
I know this sounds crazy, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!