Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Little Richard Little Richard is offline

Default pasting beyond 64000 lines

Amd Turion 64 Mobile with power now 2ghz ,1mbl2 cache 1600mhz bus with 2
gigs ram I have no problems now. But i use to have to save an reboot
constantly so that i did not use up resources had a p3 with 1gig. I usually
have 12-14 columns with 3-5 sheets and have only used up the memory once I
was running formulas using 10 columns 6 more than my normal i normally have 2
to 4 charts in the same book they do open slow some times. I still have
problems with windows clunky notepad and wordpad when i try to replace data
lockups all the time
--
I liked Windows98s

"Qewe" wrote:

Hey Little Richard
We have been using similar amounts of data in spreadsheets but havent
overcome the 64,000 line problem. But what i'd like to know form you is ,
what kind of computer system you run , and do you have problems with
processing that amount of data ? as we do .

Cheers
Qewe

You could wait for 2007 version which has one million rows.

OR see this KB article.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:02 -0700, Little Richard
wrote:

I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would

like
to paste into multiple sheets