Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stevebriz stevebriz is offline

Default Show time stamp when a value is entered

here is one idea

if thesstudents name is in columna Id numbers are entered in Col B and
you want date/time in Col C
add this macro to the worksheet thorugh the VBeditor

If Target.Column = 2 Then Target.Offset(0, 1).Value = Date & " " & time

End Sub

TVCCBJB wrote:
I use a scanner in my classroom to record attendance. Students highlight the
cell next to their name on a roster then scan their ID. It enters their ID
number in the cell. I would like the time the card was scanned to show up
instead. I played around with the If and Now formulas but could not get it to
work. I'm thinking of a macro that whenever any value is entered in the cell
it shows time instead. Any ideas?