Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Sutton John Sutton is offline

Default Find a Range of Data

James,
My apologies, and many thanks for taking the time to respond. I will
look more at this page you sent, although #9 doesn't appear to be the
solution I am looking for.

What I have is an array of account numbers (with sub accts appended to
make them unique), and the corresponding account balances. I want to
total all accounts in the array that have an account number of "2020"

1100 4567.90
1120 KS 1234.56
2020 AL 345.67
2020 AZ 56734.56

There are only two columns of data, and I want to sum the amounts in
column two if the value "2020" is contained in column one.
I hope this explains it better.

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:11:02 -0700, Jim Thomlinson
wrote:

Since you are a little vague on exactly what is the desired result here is a
reference for you to look at. I beleive Example 9 at the bottom is close to
what you are trying to do but it is kinda hard to tell from your description.