Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Rounding Problem

I'm having a problem with rounding that I hope someone can help with. I've
written code in VB to take readings from a piece of test equipment and round
the value to a single decimal point before putting it into a spreadsheet.
The problem is that the actual values in the cells have 13 decimal places.
The cells are formatted as a number with one decimal place and that is how
they are displayed in the cell of the spreadsheet. But, when I click on the
cell and the actual value in shown in the Formula Bar, it shows the value
with 13 decimals places.

Code:
Dim TempStr As Single
TempStr = Round(Mid(ValueStr, 2, 14), 1)
Sheets("Temps").Cells(Rrow, (X * 2)) = TempStr

Results:
Cell Shows in Formula Bar
23.7 23.7000007629394
23.8 23.7999992370605